Friday, July 01, 2005

26 Week Ultrasound Update!

This morning’s ultrasound went wonderfully. Our ultrasound tech was the best we’ve had. He was very thorough and descriptive and took his time with each girl. Both have posterior placentas, Baby A’s [Maggie] is lower than Baby B’s [Audrey]. Maggie is weighing in at 2 lbs. 6 oz. and Audrey is weighing in at 2 lbs. 1 oz. They were both 1 lb. 4 oz. on June 9th. So they are growing little beans!!! We saw both girls waving and Maggie opening and closing her mouth. Audrey seemed to be kicking Maggie in the head at one point! Maggie is in the head down position, as she always has been. Audrey is transverse. She was so active this time that he was having a difficult time getting good measurements of her! I’ll post the new picture this weekend. They are just adorable! J. was on Cloud Nine after this ultrasound. He’s so excited for them to get here!

P.S. [RE: Monday's OB appointment]. On Monday, I was exactly 26 weeks and had to do my second 1-hour glucose test. Yesterday, I got the call from my OB and was informed that I failed my 1-hour test and now I have to do the 3-hour test on July 11th. They had warned me before that my chances of gestational diabetes may be higher because my mom has diabetes and I’m carrying twins, but I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case. We’ll see. Cross your fingers for me for July 11th! Also, my nurse informed me that I have an iron deficiency now and will have to begin taking iron pills along with my prenatal vitamins.

Next appointment is July 11th, after the 3-hour glucose test. I’m trying to schedule my next ultrasound for the end of the month. 30 weeks! Wow! I’ll be beginning my weekly appointments and weekly NSTs soon!

No comments: