Monday, June 27, 2005

My Kind of Town....



What a great weekend! If you know me, you know I love Chicago! We go every year and I can never get enough of it. I didn't think we'd be going this year because of the girls but at the last minute last week, we decided to make the trip with my parents and my nephew Jack. My dad had a free suite at the Renaissance, so we packed our bags and left Saturday morning. We spent the day at Taste of Chicago where we saw Leann Rhimes in concert and ate a ton of food from restaurants all over the city. My dad had ordered a wheelchair for us to use for the day and J. wheeled me around all day, through the millions of people at the festival. Later, we walked down Michigan Avenue to do a little shopping. The beans were quiet all day long...I don't know if it was the bumpiness of the L, the wheelchair ride up and down the streets of Chicago, or the heat, but they weren't having any of it! On Sunday, we took Jack to the The Navy Pier, where we walked along the water, rode the Ferris Wheel and went to the Children's Museum. I can't wait to bring the girls back next year!!! We've promised Jack that we'd take him back to see the Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum, and I definitely need to hit Giordano's, Ghiridelli's, The Cheesecake Factories and H&M, which I missed this trip. I know the girls will love it as much as I do.

No comments: