Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Yes....another appointment....

I swear, I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to start the non-stress test appointments every week in 6 weeks! I think I'll just do bi-weekly updates because this is getting ridiculous! Thank God for insurance!
Everything is going smoothly so far. Cervix is long & closed, babies are both at 150 BPM and are growing well and have a good level of fluid. Audrey was moving around a bit, but when Dr. P put the dopplar on Maggie she laughed out loud. Maggie was rambunctious and causing a lot of commotion in there. Poor Audrey!
I was given a prescription for Abuterol (Yessss!) to help with my shortness of breath/asthma and instructed to sleep in a semi-upright position or in a Lazy-Boy. Gee, that should be very comfortable. And in the same breath she told me to continue getting a full night's sleep (hah!) and try to nap or lay down as often as possible (hah! hah!). She also suggested reducing my work hours, which I'm definitely not ready for yet. Yes, I'm feeling them a lot more and I'm getting more and more tired and uncomfortable, but I was planning on going at least to 35 weeks. J thinks I'm living in a dream world, but a girl can hope, right? The truth is, I'm terrified of being at home all day with Avery. She's a little hellion and I think I rest more at work than I would at home with her running around!
And yes, I've gained another 3 lbs. TWENTY POUNDS! The total number itself doesn't phase me anymore, because I know I can't do anything about it. So I just go by pounds gained from Day 1 to Day ?. And so far, my doctors are happy with the 20 lbs. and the girls are doing well. But driving back to work and contemplating stopping by McDonald's for a sausage biscuit, I thought...I'm going to gain at least 10 more in the next 10 weeks! If not 20! (The famous Dr. Luke suggests 1.5 lbs. per week!). AND THEN I've got to lose it starting in October/November!!!!!! Needless to say, I didn't stop by Ronald's house. Sigh. At least everyone is being kind and saying, "It's all baby!" since I don't seem to be growing anywhere else. It only looks like I swallowed a watermelon! And...my clothes are starting to not fit anymore!!! Specifically, my work slacks. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Er, I think you'll probably be surprised at how fast it's gonna drop off your bod. Maggie sounds like she's going to have some energy; she'll be better than the treadmill!! Love that. No, seriously, caring for TWO babies and the doggies and Jimothy will give you plent o' exercise! I can't wait to see you!!!